Bluebird - Donald Campbell 1964 Land Speed Record - Australia - Collector's Edition Print
Product Code: ATM-POS-BLB-LSR-COL
$160.00 AUD inc GST
Product Description: Bluebird - Donald Campbell 1964 Land Speed Record - Australia - Collector's Edition Print
- Uniquely designed and created by Automobilist's team of artists
- Exclusively limited to only 403 pieces inspired by the speed record of 403 mph
- Collector's Edition featuring a gold pressed layer
- Uses the latest 3D modelling technology to rebuild the car from scratch
- Comes as a standard sized poster, 50 x 70 cm (19¾ x 27½ inch),
- Reproduced as a high quality offset print on 175g/m2 paper
- Ships rolled and delivered in a protective tube
This 403-piece Limited Edition Design Poster features the Bluebird, which ferried Englishman Donald Campbell into the records books on July 17, 1964. In the early morning hours, Campbell became the first person to break the 400-mile-per hour barrier in a wheel-driven vehicle. With the rubber ripped clean off his tires, Campbell piloted the jet-propelled Bluebird-Proteus CN7 over a 12-mile salt-flat track in Lake Eyre, Australia.
Campbell’s record, clocked as the average speed of 403.1 mph over a measured mile, would hold up for only a few months. But the legacy Campbell left and the car he drove remain indelible marks on the timeline of mankind’s unending pursuit of speed.