Ford GT40 - P/1015 - 24H Le Mans - 1966 - Collector's Edition
Product Code: PROD01002226Regular price $145.45 AUD ex GST
$160.00 AUD inc GST
Product Description: Ford GT40 - P/1015 - 24H Le Mans - 1966 - Collector’s Edition Print
- Uniquely designed and created by Automobilist's team of artists
- Exclusively limited to only 500 pieces
- Uniquely numbered featuring hot-foil silver embossing
- Uses the latest 3D modelling technology to design the poster
- Comes as a standard sized poster, 50 x 70 cm (19¾ x 27½ inch), framing not included
- Reproduced as a high quality offset print on 175g/m2 paper
- Ships rolled and delivered in a protective tube
- Officially Licensed Product | 24H Le Mans
The Ford GT40 was designed in the 1960s specifically to beat Ferrari, a motivation also captured in a Hollywood film featuring the 24H of Le Mans, 1966. But the Ford GT40’s impact on motorsport ended up being far greater than either company anticipated. In 1966, the MK II version of the car dominated the 24 hours of Le Mans, finishing first, second and third… and variations of the GT40 continued with the winning ways for the next three years.
Featured in this poster is the second-placed blue Shelby-American Inc. GT40, driven by Ken Miles and Denis Hulme.